My Problem with Shmups My Problem with Shmups

Very Interesting Idea!

I've never really thought about how the crew of those huge ships must feel like. Especially in bullet hell shmups, where they pretty much exhaust all of their resources and a tiny little ship is still able to blast it to bits...

Good work!

(Also, maybe you could do another of these showing how the enemies of other shmups like in the Touhou series feel?)

The Amazing Stuff The Amazing Stuff

Better than the original!

Yes, this is a vast improvement over the first flash made by the audio artist, especially with all the FBF in this one. The only thing I could tell you to improve on are proportions, but this flash was too crazy for realism.

Now you've gone and made me want to look at more of your work...

Max & Watch Max & Watch

Great use of new technology!

I just love what you've done with the new features of Flash CS4. Your animation is also top notch, and you sync with the music amazingly. I'd love to see more work like this!

Newgrounds Radio Newgrounds Radio

A quite useful flash.

See, flashes like this and "NG in a Box" would be perfect as apps to use on any number of mobile devices, or even video game consoles. My, if Windows still had an "Active Desktop" option, this would be the first thing I'd see and hear when I start up my computer.

Honestly, useful things like this need to be highlighted for use by Tom and the crew, so that more people can take advantage of them. Extra features for this would be great, but as it stands, this application will be continued to be used by many people, each day...

Dodongo Bomber Extreme! Dodongo Bomber Extreme!

Great, I can't wait to bomb more dodongos!

MAH BOI, that was an excellent game. I'd love to see you do another with maybe some updated graphics and sound.

MindFeed MindFeed

Really Good

This felt alot like Portal, except you actually gave us the food you promised instead of burning us alive.

The bagels are not a lie.

A Face in Silent Keeping A Face in Silent Keeping

It pains me to see that such a good song...

..doesn't get the recognition it deserves, and I know the feeling. At the time of writing this review, it has but over two-hundred sixty listens. It really makes me wish that Tom had a treasure hunt for audio submissions, as this doesn't need to be overlooked.

I, myself am not too familiar with the current styles of modern music, but I really love the mood this piece sets. Such a mellow and cool feeling song is something rare to find on the Portal these days. The slow, but driving groove behind the song whisked me away to a different world, as your voice guided me like a spirit through the ether...

As far as constructive criticism, the only thing I can think of is that the song should be able to end with a bit more finality, but that's just nitpicking. It sounds great the way it is currently. I'd also mention something about including more dynamic contrast, but the low volume the song takes itself at is what give it its distinct feeling.

And lastly, would you mind sharing the inspiration behind the lyrics? Other than that, great work, and it would be a pleasure to hear any of your future projects...

InsertFunnyUserName responds:

Yeah, dynamic contrast is something I'm trying to work on. Thanks for the review.

The inspiration for the lyrics is somewhat personal, so I don't really feel comfortable sharing.

_Swagger_ _Swagger_

Old-World and New Age

This song has a really good mix of the old and new, and I especially love that Middle Eastern feel at the beginning and end of the song. My only real complaint for this song is that in the middle phase, it is really easy to get lost in the music, and not notice any real changes in the melody. It's not a major problem, but one that can cause a passive listen to the song. Either way, good work with the song, and best of luck to your future endeavors.

((C2)) Epical ((C2)) Epical

Classic Feel

I absolutely love how this song goes from a like Atari feel, to a MegaMan feel, and back again. It really captures the heart of digitized music, and the addition of real instruments as well is certainly icing on the cake.

The main lead is a bit overbearing at times, but I think that's what gives this song its charm. Other than that, I can't really think of any other negatives for this song, otherwise, I'd be nitpicking. Anyway, good work.